Need the perfect spot for a picnic or a cookout? Navy MWR Community Recreations Picnic and Park facilities include playgrounds, pedestal grills, volleyball courts, restrooms, horseshoe pits, picnic tables and more. MWR has the perfect picnic area for your next function. Open to Active Duty, Retirees, NAF or DoD civilians and sponsored guests.
Parks & Picnic Areas:
Foc’sle Picnic Area; Pearl By the Bay; Seal Park; Izaak Walton; Chiefs Pier Park (Across from Gator Water Park)
The Foc’sle, Pearl By the Bay, Seal Park, and Izaak Walton are available by reservation and use of Chief Pier Park is on a first-come, first-serve basis, seven days a week from dawn to dusk. For availability and reservations, please call the JEBLC Outdoor Equipment Rental Office at 757-462-7516.
- Free for Command Functions (retirements, chief selectee events and FRG meetings/events are excluded)
- $50 per day for sponsor military/DoD Family Functions
- $100 for sponsored outside events (i.e. reunions, church groups/functions and clubs)
Park & Picnic Area Information
Foc’sle Picnic Area
Features: Basketball Hoop; Volleyball Court (Sand); Porta-Johns (Available April-October)
Pearl By the Bay Picnic Area
Features: Horseshoe Pits; Volleyball Court (Grass); Children’s Play Area; Full Service Restrooms; Rotating Pedestal Grills (300 sq. ft. cooking area); Hot Coal Bins
Features: Horsehoe Pits; Children’s Play Area; Full Service Restrooms; Rotating Pedestal Grills (300 sq. ft. cooking area); Hot Coal Bins; Floating dock with access to Lake Bradford
Features: Horsehoe Pits; Children’s Play Area; Volleyball Court (Sand); Full Service Restrooms; Rotating Pedestal Grills (300 sq. ft. cooking area); Hot Coal Bins
Picnic Areas Available for Reservation
Free for qualifiying functions; $50 per day for sponsored military/ DoD family function; $100 for sponsored outside events (i.e., reunion, church groups/functions and clubs); Also available are bounce houses, cookers, dunk tanks an dmuch more!
FREE EQUIPMENT FOR COMMAND FUNCTIONS
1. MWR Community Recreation equipment (i.e. tables, chairs, grills, cornhole & 10’x10’ canopies) is provided at NO COST to tenant commands onboard JEBLCFS.
2. Free equipment is not provided for Change of Commands, Retirements, CPO Select events / military advancement ceremonies, Ombudsmen events, Night Before events & fundraisers.
3. All equipment is first-come, first-served and subject to availability.
4. Equipment reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance of the event but no later than 10 days before the event.
5. Cleaning, repair, and replacement fee may apply.
COMMAND RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS
All letters MUST be brought in in person to the JEB Little Creek Outdoor Equipment Rental front desk (BLDG #3615).The Command Letter must be on official letterhead and addressed to “JEBLC OER.” The letter should include event date, park name, event time and expected attendance. Please note that no outside catering/food trucks are allowed on the premise of picnic areas without first contacting JEBLC Brashear Conference Center Catering which has first right of refusal for all catering at JEBLC picnic areas. For catering information call, 757-462-2414.